Welcome Class of 2020 to John Glenn High School!
Are you interested in joining the John Glenn High School family next year? There are so many reasons to be a Eagle! Here are just a few:
- At John Glenn we are the smaller of the three comprehensive high schools which allows us to have smaller class sizes and more of a community atmosphere.
- We offer Advanced Placement (AP) classes! AP Calculus, AP Biology, AP World History, AP U.S. History, AP Statistics, AP Psychology, AP Studio Art AP Chemistry just to name a few. We also provide waivers at a discounted fee for all exams which normally cost $90 each.
- All of our students take the SAT and PSAT for free at least once at school. These exams are important for college admissions!
- We are the only school in the area to offer our Film and Video Pathway. We also have a strong Engineering Pathway (PLTW), TCAP, ACE, and AVID groups that provide students the opportunities to connect to outside business partners and work on skills they will need for college and careers.
- We offer German Language courses in addition to French and Spanish.
- We partner with Kaplan Learning Services to provide free SAT and PSAT prep courses for students.
- We have championship winning athletics programs, and our students are true student-athletes!
- Our visual and performing arts programs have won multiple awards, our band has competed in and has won many trophies throughout the years and have students regularly compete and are in the Rose Parade honor band. Our Drama department regularly receives awards and are nationally recognized. They travel to the international thespian festival held every summer in Nebraska and are widely recognized as one of the best overall programs in the state of California!
- Our students are simply amazing - and go on to do some wonderful things both in college and beyond!
If you do not live within John Glenn High School's attendance boundaries, but would like to be a part of the Eagle family next year, you will need to go through the Norwalk-La Mirada Unified School District's Open Enrollment process. A letter explaining the process as well as the open enrollment application is included below. The deadline to submit Open Enrollment paperwork is January 29, 2016. If you live within our school's attendance boundaries, you do not have to go through this process. If you are unsure whether you live within our boundaries or not, please check with your middle school's counselor.
Counselors are in the process of visiting our NLMUSD Middle Schools to explain the registration process. Current 8th graders will receive informational packets that include everything they need to know for their freshman year. If you are interested in enrolling at JGHS in the fall as a freshman, please see the attachments or contact us at (562) 868-0431 ext 5123.