Skip to main content

John Glenn High School

Main Menu Toggle
To purchase your 2019-2020 yearbook, please go to  Use the passcode #1015610565861904.  Stay tuned for more detailed information.  Contact for more info.
Staff email: Office 365
Academics » FAQs


Q. How do I graduate with honors?
A. In order to graduate with honors, students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0  through the first semester of the senior year.
Q. Don't I need two years of a foreign language in order to graduate from high school?
A. No, you do NOT need any foreign language in order to graduate from high school. Foreign language is a college admission requirement only, not a high school graduation requirement. If you are planning to apply to a either California State University (CSU) or University of California (UC), then you must take at least two years of a foreign language in order to be eligible for admission.
Q. My child says he/she never has homework and that it was done in class. Is this true?
A. It depends. Sometimes, if classwork is not finished in class, it becomes homework. But other classes do assign homework on a regular basis. Usually, the student's grades indicate whether or not he/she really has homework, but just isn't telling you. For example, if a student is receiving grades of D's and F's, chances are very good that he/she has been assigned homework, but is just not doing it.
How can you find out for sure? You have a couple of options. You can contact the teachers either by email or leave a telephone message requesting this information. Or, you can have your child pick up a daily contract in the counseling office. The student then takes this contact around to all of the teachers and the teachers indicate on the form whether or not the student has homework and whether or not it has been turned in.
You can also conduct "agenda checks". All students were given an agenda at the beginning of the school year. Students are to write down homework assignments, test dates, etc., in their agenda on a daily basis. Ask your child to show you his/her agenda. If the agenda is blank, contact the teachers or have your child pick up a contract as mentioned above.
Q. I am behind in credits and/or my GPA is less than a 2.0. How can I catch up?
A. Depending upon your age and what you need, your options can include summer school, adult school and/or ROP. See your counselor to find out your specific needs.